viernes, 3 de septiembre de 2010

Homenaje a Baltazar Garzón

Tribute to Baltasar Garzón

August 31, 2010
By María Blanco

As Judge Baltasar Garzón faces a backlash that may cost him his position in Spain’s judiciary, ALBA invited María Blanco to give the keynote talk at the annual reunion of the Bay Area veterans and friends of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade in Berkeley, California, on May 30, 2010. What follows is the full text of her speech.

María Blanco. Photo Richard Bermack

I want to say that I am extremely moved by the invitation to speak today. While I speak frequently at political and public events, this is the first time that I have spoken about the Spanish Civil War. My connection to the war has been personal rather than public. I was born in Mexico, the daughter of a Spanish civil war refugee who arrived in Mexico at age 12 with his parents, who left on the last ship to cross the Atlantic before the outbreak of World War II.

Artículo completo

The Volunteer

Founded by the Veterans of the Abraham Lincoln Brigade

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Se púlicaran los comentarios que tengan relación directa con el tema y firmados.